Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
09:54 03rd Nov, 2012
HTC Windows Phone 8X And 8S Launched In India, Prices Start From Rs 19,500
The 8X features a 4.3" screen and 8 mp camera, while the 8S comes with a 4" display and 5 mp snapper.
Announced in September, HTC's Windows Phone 8X and 8S have finally hit the Indian market. Out of the two, the 8X is the company's flagship Windows Phone device that will compete with the Nokia Lumia 920 and Samsung's Ativ S. On the other hand, the 8S is a likely competitor of the Lumia 820.
According to HTC, its colourful phones have been inspired by the Windows Phone OS. Strangely, the Taiwanese manufacturer has been making WP devices for about two years now, which makes me wonder why it didn't release a single colourful device — until Nokia did so with its Lumia series. For those who joined in late, here are the specs for HTC's "signature" WP8 phones:
Windows Phone 8X
- 4.3" Super LCD 2 screen with 720p screen protected by Gorilla Glass 2.
- Qualcomm Snapdradon S4 chipset (1.5 GHz dual-core CPU, Adreno 225 GPU); 1 GB of RAM.
- 8 mp autofocus camera with LED flash.
- Camera Features: BSI sensor (for better low-light captures), F2.0 aperture, 28 mm lens.
- 2.1 mp wide angle (88°) front facing camera.
- Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth 2.1, GPS (GLONASS).
- Internal storage: 16 GB, Lacks MicroSD card slot.
- 5.2" (l) X 2.6" (w) x 0.4" (10.12 mm) (d); weighs 130 grammes.
- Microsoft Windows Phone 8.
- Supported Audio: AAC, AMR, M4A, MP3, WAV, ASF, WMA (version 9 and 10).
- Supported Video: 3GP, 3G2, MP4, M4V, ASF, WMV (version 9 and 10); recording: MP4.
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz); 3G (850/900/1900/2100 MHz).
- G-Sensor, Digital compass, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor.
- 1800 mAh Li-ion battery.
- Available Colours: California Blue, Graphite Black, Flame Red, and Limelight Yellow.
Windows Phone 8S
- 4" super LCD touch screen with WVGA resolution and Gorilla Glass protection.
- 1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm S4 processor with 512 MB of RAM.
- 5 mp autofocus camera with LED flash.
- Camera Features: F2.8 aperture and 35 mm lens capable of 720p video recording; Lacks front camera.
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, Bluetooth 2.1, Wi-Fi, GPS antenna with GLONASS.
- 16 GB of internal storage, microSD card slot for additional storage.
- Measures 4.7" (l) x 2.5"(w) x 0.4" (10.28 mm) (d) and weighs 113 grammes.
- GSM\GPRS\EDGE (850\900\1800\1900 MHz); 3G (Europe\Asia: 900\2100 MHz).
- G-Sensor, Proximity sensor and Ambient light sensor.
- 1700mAh rechargeable Li-ion Polymer battery.
- Available colours: Blue, Yellow \ Grey, White \ Black, Red.
The Windows Phone 8X and 8S by HTC will be available in coming weeks in India. The Windows Phone 8X is priced at Rs 35,000 while the Windows Phone 8S will cost around Rs 19,500. Do you plan to buy one of these or wait for the Lumias?
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (December, 2016)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (November, 2016)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (November, 2016)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000