20:57 18th Sep, 2012
IFA 2012: Samsung ATIV S Beats Nokia To It
Launches first Windows 8 phone.
It was an expected announcement at IFA 2012. On 29th August, Samsung revealed its version of a smartphone running Windows Phone 8. The phone is branded ATIV — a name we've known about for some time. The ATIV lineup also includes the ATIV Smart PC, a 10.1" tablet, and a 4.8" display, among others.
Nokia's version of a Windows 8 phone isn't too far away, and we'll have to see whether getting there first will make a difference. Also, the ATIV smartphone has been rather well-received by those who've had a look. Check out WindowsTeamBlog.com. We'd been speculating about what "ATIV " means; apparently, it's "Vita" — meaning "life" — spelt backwards. Combine that with the fact that "ATIV" doesn’t sound as nice as "GALAXY", and you have a rather silly name. But the phone's great, so it probably doesn't matter.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-