20:57 18th Sep, 2012
IFA 2012: Samsung ATIV S Beats Nokia To It | TechTree.com
IFA 2012: Samsung ATIV S Beats Nokia To It
Launches first Windows 8 phone.
It was an expected announcement at IFA 2012. On 29th August, Samsung revealed its version of a smartphone running Windows Phone 8. The phone is branded ATIV — a name we've known about for some time. The ATIV lineup also includes the ATIV Smart PC, a 10.1" tablet, and a 4.8" display, among others.
Nokia's version of a Windows 8 phone isn't too far away, and we'll have to see whether getting there first will make a difference. Also, the ATIV smartphone has been rather well-received by those who've had a look. Check out WindowsTeamBlog.com. We'd been speculating about what "ATIV " means; apparently, it's "Vita" — meaning "life" — spelt backwards. Combine that with the fact that "ATIV" doesn’t sound as nice as "GALAXY", and you have a rather silly name. But the phone's great, so it probably doesn't matter.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals