Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
20:09 26th Sep, 2012
Nokia World 2012: Lumia 920 With Windows Phone 8, 4.5" Screen, And 8.7 mp PureView Camera Unveiled | TechTree.com
Nokia World 2012: Lumia 920 With Windows Phone 8, 4.5" Screen, And 8.7 mp PureView Camera Unveiled
Finnish manufacturer's first WP8 handset powered by a 1.5 GHz dual-core CPU; will be available in a variety of colours.
After weeks of speculation and leaks, Nokia has finally pulled the curtains off its next flagship, the Lumia 920. It's the first of many Lumia devices that will be powered by the upcoming Windows Phone 8. As suggested by an earlier rumour, the handset looks a lot like the Lumia 900. This is the first handset from Nokia to sport a dual-core CPU, and packs in a 4.5" screen (768x1280 pixels) with PureMotion HD+. In a live webcast, the Finnish phone manufacturer listed the following confirmed specs:
- 4.5'' PureMotion HD+ IPS panel with pixel dimensions of 768x1280 (332 ppi), Corning's Gorilla Glass protection, 60 Hz refresh rate, Polarization filter, 600 nits of luminance.
- Dual-core 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 chipset, 1 GB of RAM.
- 8.7 mp auto-focus PureView camera with dual LED flash, Carl Zeiss Tessar optics, 1080p video recording.
- NFC, Bluetooth 3.1, Wi-Fi with hotspot support, GPS with offline navigation.
- 32 GB internal storage, 7 GB in SkyDrive (cloud storage).
- 2000 mAh battery, 17 hours of talk time for 2G (10 hours for 3G), 67 hours of music playback, 6 hours of video playback.
- 3.5 mm jack with Dolby sound support, Micro-USB port.
- Micro-SIM, Quad-band GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), Quad-band 3G (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz), Penta-band 4G LTE (800, 900, 1800, 2100, 2600 MHz).
- Supported Audio: ASF, WAV, MP4, AAC, AMR, MP3, M4A, WMA, 3GP, 3G2, AAC LC, AAC+, eAAC+.
- Supported Video: MP4, WMV, 3GP, M4V, M4A, VC-1, H.264/AVC, H.263, MPEG-4.
- Windows Phone 8.
Nokia has also confirmed the availability of an induction charging accessory (a charging pad) for the Lumia 920. You simply place the phone onto the pad to charge its battery, thus eliminating the need for a charging port. This allows you to use the same power supply across multiple devices that support this feature. The handset will come preloaded with Nokia Maps, Nokia Drive, and City Lens (an augmented reality app). Users will get to choose from yellow, red, white, grey, and black variants of the smartphone. However, there's no info yet regarding its launch date and pricing. You can view a few high-quality images of the phone and its charging accessories in the gallery below.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals