16:07 20th Sep, 2012
HTC Announces Windows Phone 8X With 4.3" Screen
Flagship WP8 handset features an 8 mp main and "wide-angle" 2.1 mp front camera; will start shipping from October end.
After Microsoft officially unveiled Windows Phone 8 in June, smartphone manufacturers have been in a rush to come up with handsets featuring the new operating system. The first to introduce a Windows Phone 8 device was Samsung with its ATIV S, after which Nokia caught up with its Lumia 920 and Lumia 820. Now HTC has announced a Windows Phone 8 smartphone at a scheduled media event.
HTC worked closely with Microsoft towards bringing out a device that "looks and feels like no other". Here's a video that shows how the designs were conceived, and how HTC's engineers were able to make components to match those designs.
A look at the official Windows Phone Blog post confirms many of the rumoured specs. This flagship Windows Phone 8X handset is powered by a Qualcomm S4 1.5 GHz dual-core processor with 1 GB of RAM. It has a 4.3" super LCD 2 touchscreen with HD 720p resolution and a Gorilla Glass 2 layer. Key features include an exclusive 88° ultra-wide-angle front camera, and a built in amplifier for Beats Audio. Have a look at the detailed technical specifications below:
- Windows Phone 8.
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm S4 Dual-core processor with 1GB of RAM.
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz; HSPA/WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- Rear 8 mp camera with auto focus, LED flash, and BSI sensor (for better low-light captures), F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens capable of 1080p video recording with dedicated HTC ImageChip.
- Ultra-wide-angle (88°) 2.1 mp camera on the front, capable of 1080p front camera video recording with dedicated HTC ImageChip.
- 4.3 inch Super LCD 2 touch screen with HD 720p resolution coated with Gorilla Glass 2.
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, NFC capable, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR & Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n.
- Internal storage: 16 GB.
- Internal GPS antenna with GLONASS.
- G-Sensor, Digital compass, Proximity sensor & Ambient light sensor.
- Embedded 1800mAh Li-ion Polymer battery.
- 5.2" (l) X 2.6" (w) x 0.4" (10.12 mm) (d); weighs 130 grammes.
- Supported audio formats – Playback: AAC, AMR, M4A, MP3, WAV, ASF, WMA (version 9 and 10); recording: WAV (w/OneNote).
- Supported video formats – Playback: 3GP, 3G2, MP4, M4V, ASF, WMV (version 9 and 10); recording: MP4.
The phone will be available in four colours variants, named California Blue, Graphite Black, Flame Red, and Limelight Yellow. HTC has stated that the 8X will be available in November, but has remained silent on pricing. Take a look at the image gallery below.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance