16:07 20th Sep, 2012
HTC Announces Windows Phone 8X With 4.3" Screen | TechTree.com
HTC Announces Windows Phone 8X With 4.3" Screen
Flagship WP8 handset features an 8 mp main and "wide-angle" 2.1 mp front camera; will start shipping from October end.
After Microsoft officially unveiled Windows Phone 8 in June, smartphone manufacturers have been in a rush to come up with handsets featuring the new operating system. The first to introduce a Windows Phone 8 device was Samsung with its ATIV S, after which Nokia caught up with its Lumia 920 and Lumia 820. Now HTC has announced a Windows Phone 8 smartphone at a scheduled media event.
HTC worked closely with Microsoft towards bringing out a device that "looks and feels like no other". Here's a video that shows how the designs were conceived, and how HTC's engineers were able to make components to match those designs.
A look at the official Windows Phone Blog post confirms many of the rumoured specs. This flagship Windows Phone 8X handset is powered by a Qualcomm S4 1.5 GHz dual-core processor with 1 GB of RAM. It has a 4.3" super LCD 2 touchscreen with HD 720p resolution and a Gorilla Glass 2 layer. Key features include an exclusive 88° ultra-wide-angle front camera, and a built in amplifier for Beats Audio. Have a look at the detailed technical specifications below:
- Windows Phone 8.
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm S4 Dual-core processor with 1GB of RAM.
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz; HSPA/WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- Rear 8 mp camera with auto focus, LED flash, and BSI sensor (for better low-light captures), F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens capable of 1080p video recording with dedicated HTC ImageChip.
- Ultra-wide-angle (88°) 2.1 mp camera on the front, capable of 1080p front camera video recording with dedicated HTC ImageChip.
- 4.3 inch Super LCD 2 touch screen with HD 720p resolution coated with Gorilla Glass 2.
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, NFC capable, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR & Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n.
- Internal storage: 16 GB.
- Internal GPS antenna with GLONASS.
- G-Sensor, Digital compass, Proximity sensor & Ambient light sensor.
- Embedded 1800mAh Li-ion Polymer battery.
- 5.2" (l) X 2.6" (w) x 0.4" (10.12 mm) (d); weighs 130 grammes.
- Supported audio formats – Playback: AAC, AMR, M4A, MP3, WAV, ASF, WMA (version 9 and 10); recording: WAV (w/OneNote).
- Supported video formats – Playback: 3GP, 3G2, MP4, M4V, ASF, WMV (version 9 and 10); recording: MP4.
The phone will be available in four colours variants, named California Blue, Graphite Black, Flame Red, and Limelight Yellow. HTC has stated that the 8X will be available in November, but has remained silent on pricing. Take a look at the image gallery below.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India