11:28 10th Aug, 2015
Asus Unveils ZenFone Max With 5,000 mAh Battery
The smartphone's huge battery can be used as a power bank to power up other devices on the go.
The Taiwanese smartphone company Asus has recently unveiled ZenFone Max, a smartphone with a 5,000 mAh battery and a display screen of 5.5 inches in size.
While 5,000 mAh battery seems overly generous, the USP of the phone is that it can also work as a power bank, meaning that you can use the phone to charge other devices much like a regular power bank. However, we are not sure who will be actually using the smartphone's battery to charge up other devices as smartphone is the most used device today.
[Also Read: Affordable 10,000 mAh Power Banks Worth Checking Out]
Speaking about the specifications of the newly unveiled ZenFone Max, it comes with a 5.5 inch IPS capacitive touch screen that has a 1280 x 720 pixel resolution with 267 pixels per inch. The screen of the smartphone is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
A quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 clocked at 1.2 GHz and 2 GB of RAM powers the device. The handset will be available in 8 GB and 16 GB internal storage models, and users can expand the memory to up to 128 GB with a microSD card.
Coming to the camera section, the ZenFone Max is equipped with a 13 MP primary camera with auto-focus and dual-LED flash. The phone also has a 5 MP selfie camera.
The smartphone runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system.
While the smartphone has been unveiled recently, it is expected that the device will be available for purchase only during October this year.
The 5,000 mAh battery of the ZenFone Max puts many top smartphones to shame. The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comes with a 3,220 mAh battery and the Galaxy S6 has a 2,550 mAh battery. A powerful 3,000 mAh battery powers the LG G4, while the iPhone 6 packs in a 1810 mAh battery and the iPhone 6 Plus a 2,915 mAh battery.
It is also worth noting, Asus is also in the verge of starting to manufacture its smartphone and accessories in India much like its competitors Xiaomi and Motorola. For this purpose, it was also announced recently that the company has set up an internal team to study the prospects of domestic manufacturing.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week