12:58 29th May, 2015
Google Announces Android M At Google I/O 2015
Android M brings new web experience and payment system along with floating toolbar for Copy/Paste functions.
After creating hype lately, the Internet giant Google has finally announced about its much talked-about Android M at the on-going I/O conference 2015.
With this announcement, Google has officially unveiled the next version of Android which will succeed Android Lollipop later this year.
However, the pre-release version is available from today for a few Nexus smartphones; the Nexus 5, 6, 9 and the Nexus Player.
Even while the company is announcing what all shall be part of the new Android M, it looks like there is no hint about the actual name of new Android.
Speaking about the new features of Android M, one gets to mainly talk about the newly redesigned apps permissions system where users will be able to approve or deny security permissions, such as camera or location access only when they are using a particular function in an app.
Also, Google is trying to bring in a change in the web browsing experience along with an upgrade in the built-in app linking system allowing apps to open content directly instead of stopping users with a dialogue box every time.
Google is also including a new payment system, fingerprint support, power managing feature known as Doze and support USB Type C for charging which is known to be bidirectional port which can either charge the phone or charge another device as well.
Apart from these main features, Google is said to include a better implementation of Copy/Paste function with a floating toolbar giving you the ability to select the Cut, Copy, Paste options easily and also the new Direct Share feature will let you share images or links and also Volume controls are said to give a drop down menu, which we see on the Cyanogen OS.
With all these features, we definitely feel Android M to be the best Android version so far a smartphone can have.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow