11:56 07th May, 2015
Android M To Be Unveiled At Google I/O
Will not be as big as Android L back at I/O 2014.
Last year’s Google I/O had a lot of big announcements to make and one of the big ones will be the unveiling of Android L. While Google also promises this year’s I/O to have the same impact, we have our doubts about it and its big announcement, Android M as well.
Android M just cannot be as big as Android L, Android 5.0 was a huge leap for Google and this is a problem.
With huge leaps come the optimisations, developers have to get back to the drawing board and optimise their apps for the new code. But with L we also had a new design language, one that completely revamped Android’s look and feel, it was a brand new one.
One that many developers so far have not adopted. The apps may be optimised for the Android 5.0 but even some big names (Facebook) have refused to budge from their own design philosophies and adopt Material Design in its true sense (you can count the number of apps that utilize all those fancy animations).
Android M is only going to add to this mess. Too many new changes and we will see developers doing a face palm at the event. Too little and Android fans will not be too happy (although considering all the bugs that Android Lollipop still has we doubt it).
The Verge reports that the new version of Android could brings improved notifications and powerful voice controls including Voice Access, a service that gives anyone access to their Android device through voice alone.
So here’s hoping to the announcement of a well-balanced release on the 28th of May. One that squishes the bugs of the past makes things easier for developers as well.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones