13:58 23rd Mar, 2015
Samsung GALAXY S6 And S6 edge Announced In India | TechTree.com
Samsung GALAXY S6 And S6 edge Announced In India
Here’s why you should get one.
Samsung today proudly announced its newest flagship smartphones for the current year, the GALAXY S6 and S6 edge for the Indian market. While the standard GALAXY S6 is quite a contender by this year’s standards, all eyes were indeed on the ‘edgy’ GALAXY S6 edge at the launch event.
Both the GALAXY S6 and S6 edge that were recently launched at the MWC 2015 will begin retailing from Rs 49,900 (S6) and Rs 58900 (S6 edge) respectively.
The handsets come with Samsung’s very own Exynos 7420 octa-core chipsets that have been built on the 14 nm process to deliver outstanding performance while keeping the power requirements in check as well.
What is indeed worth a look are those mind blowing Super AMOLED displays on both the handsets that will leave you hunting for those pixels at 577 ppi.
The Samsung GALAXY S6.
Indeed it is the dual-edge curved display of the edge model that stole the limelight and while its not all that practical, there are going to be quite a long list of buyers just because of its looks.
Still then, there is that aluminium and glass design and that stunning camera, which Samsung is said to have worked on as well.
Sadly, the presence of TouchWiz can still be felt, although it is not as bad as it used to be.
As for the specs of the GALAXY S6 and S6 edge:
- We get a 5.1 inch Super AMOLED panel with a Quad HD resolution (2560 x 1440 pixels) with dual edges on the S6 edge
- Inside we get a 64-bit Exynos 7420 processor (Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5Ghz) that is built on the 14 nm process and coupled with 3 GB of LPDDR4 RAM
- Internal memory options are 32/64/128GB (UFS 2.0) and no, there is no memory card expansion
- As for the cameras we get a 16 MP optically stabilized unit on the back paired with a 5 MP unit on the front
- The smartphones run Android 5.0 Lollipop with Samsung’s refreshed TouchWiz layer and are powered by 2,550 mAh (S6) and 2,600 mAh (S6 edge) batteries respectively
In the end, lets not forget that these are indeed the first smartphones on the planet to offer Samsung Pay with NFC and Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) technology along with that all-new fingerprint scanner which does not require one to swipe.
The Samsung GALAXY S6 edge with its dual-edge screen.
Of course the Samsung GALAXY S edge comes with some extra notification actions and features that will make it worth the extra bucks.
Still then, we did like it over the recently announced LG G3 which appears to be be too plasticy for its price tag. Unless of course you don’t anything apart from a Qualcomm Snapdragon inside your next flagship device. But in that case we recommend you wait for HTC One M9 to arrive and have a look before you take the plunge.
The Samsung GALAXY S6 and S6 edge will be available in White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Blue Topaz (Galaxy S6 only) and Green Emerald (Galaxy S6 edge only) starting from the 10th of April.
As for the official prices they are as follows:
Samsung GALAXY S6
32 GB: Rs 49900, 64 GB: Rs 55900, 128 GB:Rs 61900
Samsung GALAXY S6 edge:
32 GB: Rs 58900, 64 GB: Rs 61900, 128 GB: Rs 70900.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals