13:58 23rd Mar, 2015
Samsung GALAXY S6 And S6 edge Announced In India
Here’s why you should get one.
Samsung today proudly announced its newest flagship smartphones for the current year, the GALAXY S6 and S6 edge for the Indian market. While the standard GALAXY S6 is quite a contender by this year’s standards, all eyes were indeed on the ‘edgy’ GALAXY S6 edge at the launch event.
Both the GALAXY S6 and S6 edge that were recently launched at the MWC 2015 will begin retailing from Rs 49,900 (S6) and Rs 58900 (S6 edge) respectively.
The handsets come with Samsung’s very own Exynos 7420 octa-core chipsets that have been built on the 14 nm process to deliver outstanding performance while keeping the power requirements in check as well.
What is indeed worth a look are those mind blowing Super AMOLED displays on both the handsets that will leave you hunting for those pixels at 577 ppi.
The Samsung GALAXY S6.
Indeed it is the dual-edge curved display of the edge model that stole the limelight and while its not all that practical, there are going to be quite a long list of buyers just because of its looks.
Still then, there is that aluminium and glass design and that stunning camera, which Samsung is said to have worked on as well.
Sadly, the presence of TouchWiz can still be felt, although it is not as bad as it used to be.
As for the specs of the GALAXY S6 and S6 edge:
- We get a 5.1 inch Super AMOLED panel with a Quad HD resolution (2560 x 1440 pixels) with dual edges on the S6 edge
- Inside we get a 64-bit Exynos 7420 processor (Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5Ghz) that is built on the 14 nm process and coupled with 3 GB of LPDDR4 RAM
- Internal memory options are 32/64/128GB (UFS 2.0) and no, there is no memory card expansion
- As for the cameras we get a 16 MP optically stabilized unit on the back paired with a 5 MP unit on the front
- The smartphones run Android 5.0 Lollipop with Samsung’s refreshed TouchWiz layer and are powered by 2,550 mAh (S6) and 2,600 mAh (S6 edge) batteries respectively
In the end, lets not forget that these are indeed the first smartphones on the planet to offer Samsung Pay with NFC and Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) technology along with that all-new fingerprint scanner which does not require one to swipe.
The Samsung GALAXY S6 edge with its dual-edge screen.
Of course the Samsung GALAXY S edge comes with some extra notification actions and features that will make it worth the extra bucks.
Still then, we did like it over the recently announced LG G3 which appears to be be too plasticy for its price tag. Unless of course you don’t anything apart from a Qualcomm Snapdragon inside your next flagship device. But in that case we recommend you wait for HTC One M9 to arrive and have a look before you take the plunge.
The Samsung GALAXY S6 and S6 edge will be available in White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Blue Topaz (Galaxy S6 only) and Green Emerald (Galaxy S6 edge only) starting from the 10th of April.
As for the official prices they are as follows:
Samsung GALAXY S6
32 GB: Rs 49900, 64 GB: Rs 55900, 128 GB:Rs 61900
Samsung GALAXY S6 edge:
32 GB: Rs 58900, 64 GB: Rs 61900, 128 GB: Rs 70900.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones