Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
16:30 16th Oct, 2012
HTC Launches Android 4.0 Desire X With 4" Screen For Rs 20,000
ICS handset features a 5 mp camera and 1 GHz dual-core CPU; is available in white and blue.
After being unveiled at IFA 2012 in Germany, HTC's Desire X has finally landed in India. The handset looks a lot like a mashup of the flagship One X and Desire C's design. Moving on to its features, the Desire X runs Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) with company's iconic Sense 4.0a UI on top of it. The phone's 4" Super LCD display has 480x800 resolution. The gadget is powered by a 1 GHz dual-core CPU, and sports a 5 mp rear camera. Here's the list of its detailed specs:
- Quad-band GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); dual-band 3G (900, 2100 MHz).
- 4" Super LCD display with pixel dimensions of 480x800.
- 1 GHz dual-core CPU, 768 MB of RAM.
- 5 megapixel camera with auto-focus, LED flash, and BSI sensor (for better low-light captures); F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens; WVGA (480p) video recording.
- Camera Features: VideoPic (Shoot video and capture pictures at the same time), Continuous shooting (capture 2.5 shots per second), Smart Flash (Five levels of flash automatically set by distance to subject).
- 4 GB internal storage, microSD card slot (upto 32 GB).
- Wi-Fi, DLNA compatible, Bluetooth 4.0, micro-USB 2.0, Assisted GPS, 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Android 4.0 (ICS) with Sense 4.0a UI and Beats Audio integration.
- Audio Formats: Playback - AAC, AMR, OGG, M4A, MID, MP3, WAV, WMA9; Recording - AMR.
- Video Formats: Playback - 3GP, 3G2, MP4, WMV9, AVI; Recording - MP4.
- Gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor.
- 4.7" (l) x 2.5" (w) x 0.4" (9.3 mm) (d); 114 grammes.
- 1650 mAh battery; Talk Time: Up to 10 hours for 3G and 20 hours for GSM; Standby Time: Up to 833 hours for 3G and 750 hours for GSM.
- Available Colours: White, Blue.
- Package Contents: Charger, Headset, User guide.
The handset is priced at Rs 20,000, and is available through popular electronics shops across India. I wonder why HTC has gone with 768 MB of RAM, when 1 GB has become a norm at this price point. That being said, the Taiwanese manufacturer isn't known for its powerful hardware. As we all know, its expertise lies in build quality and UI. Going by its pricing, the Desire X will compete well with Sony's Xperia P. However, let's not forget that the latter has a slight upper hand due to its front-facing camera.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000