18:13 15th Oct, 2012
IFA 2012: HTC Announces Desire X Android 4.0 Budget Mobile Phone With 4" Screen
ICS handset comes with a 5 mp camera capable of 480p video recording; expected to hit Asian markets next month.
some a not-so-great review on its flagship handset the One X, HTC has now brought out a mid-range Android smartphone. After the Desire C, which closely resembles the Explorer, the company announced yet another similar-looking phone at IFA 2012. The Desire X will run Android 4.0 with HTC's custom Sense 4.0 user interface on top. Here is a list of specifications from the product page:
- Quad-band GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); dual-band 3G (900, 2100 MHz).
- 1 GHz dual-core CPU, 768 MB of RAM.
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) with Sense 4.0a UI and Beats Audio integration.
- 4" Super LCD display with pixel dimensions of 480x800.
- 5 megapixel camera with auto-focus, LED flash, and BSI sensor (for better low-light captures); F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens; WVGA (480p) video recording.
- Camera Features: VideoPic (Shoot video and capture pictures at the same time), Continuous shooting (capture 2.5 shots per second), Smart Flash (Five levels of flash automatically set by distance to subject).
- 4 GB internal storage, 32 GB microSD card slot.
- Wi-Fi, DLNA compatible, Bluetooth 4.0, micro-USB 2.0, Assisted GPS, 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Audio Formats: Playback - AAC, AMR, OGG, M4A, MID, MP3, WAV, WMA9; Recording - AMR.
- Video Formats: Playback - 3GP, 3G2, MP4, WMV9, AVI; Recording - MP4.
- Gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor.
- 4.7" (l) x 2.5" (w) x 0.4" (9.3 mm) (d); 114 grammes.
- 1650 mAh battery; Talk Time: Up to 10 hours for 3G and 20 hours for GSM; Standby Time: Up to 833 hours for 3G and 750 hours for GSM.
- Available Colours: White, Blue.
While the exact pricing and release date haven't been revealed yet, it is expected to be cheaper than the One V and available in Europe and Asia from mid-September. The handset will also bundle along 25 GB of free storage space on Dropbox.com for two years. Check out the gallery for more pictures, including a couple of ultra-big views.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499