Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
16:30 16th Oct, 2012
HTC Launches Android 4.0 Desire X With 4" Screen For Rs 20,000
ICS handset features a 5 mp camera and 1 GHz dual-core CPU; is available in white and blue.
After being unveiled at IFA 2012 in Germany, HTC's Desire X has finally landed in India. The handset looks a lot like a mashup of the flagship One X and Desire C's design. Moving on to its features, the Desire X runs Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) with company's iconic Sense 4.0a UI on top of it. The phone's 4" Super LCD display has 480x800 resolution. The gadget is powered by a 1 GHz dual-core CPU, and sports a 5 mp rear camera. Here's the list of its detailed specs:
- Quad-band GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); dual-band 3G (900, 2100 MHz).
- 4" Super LCD display with pixel dimensions of 480x800.
- 1 GHz dual-core CPU, 768 MB of RAM.
- 5 megapixel camera with auto-focus, LED flash, and BSI sensor (for better low-light captures); F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens; WVGA (480p) video recording.
- Camera Features: VideoPic (Shoot video and capture pictures at the same time), Continuous shooting (capture 2.5 shots per second), Smart Flash (Five levels of flash automatically set by distance to subject).
- 4 GB internal storage, microSD card slot (upto 32 GB).
- Wi-Fi, DLNA compatible, Bluetooth 4.0, micro-USB 2.0, Assisted GPS, 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Android 4.0 (ICS) with Sense 4.0a UI and Beats Audio integration.
- Audio Formats: Playback - AAC, AMR, OGG, M4A, MID, MP3, WAV, WMA9; Recording - AMR.
- Video Formats: Playback - 3GP, 3G2, MP4, WMV9, AVI; Recording - MP4.
- Gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor.
- 4.7" (l) x 2.5" (w) x 0.4" (9.3 mm) (d); 114 grammes.
- 1650 mAh battery; Talk Time: Up to 10 hours for 3G and 20 hours for GSM; Standby Time: Up to 833 hours for 3G and 750 hours for GSM.
- Available Colours: White, Blue.
- Package Contents: Charger, Headset, User guide.
The handset is priced at Rs 20,000, and is available through popular electronics shops across India. I wonder why HTC has gone with 768 MB of RAM, when 1 GB has become a norm at this price point. That being said, the Taiwanese manufacturer isn't known for its powerful hardware. As we all know, its expertise lies in build quality and UI. Going by its pricing, the Desire X will compete well with Sony's Xperia P. However, let's not forget that the latter has a slight upper hand due to its front-facing camera.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband