16:31 24th Aug, 2015
India First Country To Get Oxygen OS Update For OnePlus 2 | TechTree.com
India First Country To Get Oxygen OS Update For OnePlus 2
The update is a security patch for the Stagefright issue and also brings many bug fixes to the new UI.
Popular Chinese smartphone maker OnePlus has started rolling out its first update for the newly launched OnePlus 2.
This update comes in while invites are still being rolled out for the new device.
Speaking about the update, it upgrades the existing OxygenOS to version 2.0.1 and it is said to fix various bugs in the new UI.
However, the update mainly comes in as a security patch for the Stagefright security exploit.
To recall, last week, OnePlus also released the OxygenOS 1.0.2 update with patches for the Stagefright issue for the OnePlus One smartphone.
OnePlus has also mentioned on its official blog that the OTA update would be first rolled out in India followed by users in other regions. This clearly shows the interest OnePlus is having in the Indian market. However, the update is said to roll out in a steady and gradual process which means it might take a while before the update reaches all OnePlus 2 devices.
Coming back to the update, it weighs about 1.1 GB in size and so we recommend users to switch to WiFi from their Internet data packs before downloading the update.
Apart from the Stagefright issue, the update is also said to improve the battery performance of the OnePlus 2 while also fixing an issue with pinch-to-zoom in Google Phone.
The update will also fix the issue related to import/export of contacts stored on SIM card along with the the issue where Dark mode caused instability in certain apps. Along with this, the update also brings with it additional support for global carrier APNs.
To recall, OnePlus had launched its OnePlus 2 smartphone in the world's first virtual reality launch event.
The smartphone comes with 5.5 inch 1080p display, fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C port, 13 MP camera in the rear with Snapdragon 810, 4 GB RAM and 3,300 mAh battery powering the device.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals