13:03 18th Aug, 2015
OnePlus Rolls Out Update To Fight Stagefright Issue | TechTree.com
OnePlus Rolls Out Update To Fight Stagefright Issue
The update comes in as Oxygen OS 1.0.2 and is available to its OnePlus One smartphone.
Chinese smartphone maker OnePlus has recently rolled out the latest OXygen OS update, Oxygen OS 1.0.2 to its OnePlus One smartphone.
However, with this new update, users should not expect new features since it specifically contains patches to the "Stagefright" issue where in the hacker would be able to take control of your phone by just sending you a message.
To recall, Google recently came up with a quick response to roll out a patch as soon as possible.
[Also Read: Lethal Android Texting Vulnerability Could Affect Millions Of Devices]
Adding more on this, the Stagefright issue is said to be the worst Android vulnerability in the mobile device era where in attackers only need your mobile number using which they can remotely execute code via a specially crafted media file delivered via MMS.
A fully successful attack could even delete the message before you see it. You will only see the notification. These vulnerabilities are extremely dangerous because they do not require the victim to take any action to be exploited.
[Also Read: Stagefright Patches For Google’s Nexus Range Are Finally Out]
Coming back to the latest OnePlus One update, the company annoucned the same in a recent blog post that Oxygen 1.0.2 is now available to download. However, customers are advised to ensure they back up all their data before flashing the update.
Also, if you are unfamiliar with the flashing process or haven't yet installed Oxygen OS on to your OnePlus One smartphone, the company has provided a detailed installation guide for both windows and Mac users.
You can check out the official blog post here.
TAGS: OxygenOS, OnePlus One, Stagefright
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals