16:46 06th May, 2015
Motorola Moto X (3rd Gen) Hardware Details Leak Out | TechTree.com
Motorola Moto X (3rd Gen) Hardware Details Leak Out
Is avoiding the Snapdragon 810 chipset a trend this year?
Details about the upcoming Motorola Moto X flagship’s hardware specifications have finally leaked out. Yes, we are talking about the 3rd generation of the Moto X smartphone and yes, the leak points out that there is no Snapdragon 810 chipset in there.
From what we have seen this year, plenty of smartphone manufacturers have been avoiding the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 chipset, with LG and Xiaomi (just launched in China) being the only ones to adopt it.
Today’s fresh leak points out the same trend as the LG G4, in other words Motorola may be looking at the Snapdragon 808 as well.
As far as the leaked specs go:
- We get a 5.2 inch Quad HD AMOLED display
- Inside we have a hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 chipset with 4 GB of RAM and 32/64 GB internal storage options
- There is a 16 MP camera for the primary unit and 5 MP sensor for the front-facing one
- On the software side of things we have Android Lollipop 5.1.1 running inside all powered by a 3280 mAh battery
While many claim that the benchmarks show the Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 severely lacking in the performance area, everyone else is surprised as to how even HTC has not pushed out its One M9 in India.
HTC instead launched the One M9+ for the Indian market that sports a MediaTek replacement inside.
Is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 really failing? Previous rumours have always pointed out heating issues and this year, even Samsung seems to have moved on with its own Exynos chipset.
TAGS: Mobile Phones, Android, Motorola
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals