12:33 03rd Feb, 2015
Xiaomi Announces Its Next Flagship Smartphone The Mi Note
While the Note is impressive by all means, it is indeed the Mi Note Pro that grabbed our attention.
Today is indeed a big day for Xiaomi and Xiaomi fans. The Chinese smartphone maker announced a new phablet smartphone called the Xiaomi Mi Note that will in all probability compete with Samsung GALAXY Note 4 and the Apple iPhone 6 Plus.
The all-new Xiaomi Mi Note was announced in two variants; a standard one that comes with internals similar to the older Xiaomi Mi 4, but with a bigger display; and Note Pro variant with completely overhauled internals.
Xiaomi’s new Mi Note comes with a bold, yet interesting design indeed. While the front of the smartphone looks very similar to the Mi 4 (with some ultra-thin bezels), it is the 3D curved back (made with a Gorilla Glass 3 panel), that caught our attention. Design aside, we have yet to see how practical it is when it comes to a drop test.
The Note is the premium offering in Xiaomi’s smartphone line up but somehow offers specs that are similar to the Mi 4:
- We get a 5.7 inch Sharp/JDI built, Full HD 1080p display on the front, protected with a 2.5 D layer of Gorilla Glass 3 that curves slightly at the edges
- Inside, we get a 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC with 3 GB of RAM
- Memory is limited to 16/64 GB internal memory options
- As for the camera department we get a 13 MP Sony IMX214 CMOS sensor (with OIS) as the primary and a 4 MP sensor with 2 micron pixels for brighter selfies
- We get the usual radios, including dual standby 4G/LTE (micro/nano) and MIUI V6 with Android KitKat as the base
- The device is powered by a 3,000 mAh battery
As for the Note Pro, it comes with some pretty mind blowing specifications:
- We get a Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) display with a mind-numbing 515 ppi pixel density
- Inside, we get a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 SoC with 4 GB of LPDDR4 RAM (yes, you read that correctly) and 64 GB of internal memory
- The device is capable of delivering LTE Cat 9 speeds as well
- The rest of the hardware specifications are similar to the Mi Note
The Mi Note will retail for 2299 Chinese Yuan (approx. Rs 23,000) for the 16 GB model and 2799 Chinese Yuan (approx. Rs 28,000) for the 64 GB model. The high-end Mi Note Pro will retail for 3299 Chinese Yuan (approx. Rs 33,000).
As of now there are no details about availability just yet.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance