11:02 02nd Feb, 2015
OnePlus Drops Cyanogen Branding | TechTree.com
OnePlus Drops Cyanogen Branding
While OxygenOS isn’t ready yet, the company seems to have steered clear from the whole software fiasco.
What was indeed the coolest bit about the OnePlus One, is now gone. OnePlus is now shipping handsets around the world without the Cyanogen tramp stamp on the back cover. Seems like the company’s tiff with Micromax in India has indeed lead to the loss of its software highlight.
But there is a ray of hope, OnePlus recently announced the name for its new mobile OS based on Google’s Android. OxygenOS as it will be called worldwide, is pretty much ready for show time this month and OnePlus promises it to be a bloatware-free UX.
Unboxed handset minus the branding.
In a way it actually makes things better for OnePlus, now that both hardware and software come from the manufacturer. We are pretty sure OnePlus may add a number of One specific features that will make it special for One owners.
As for Cyanogen, it seems to be fighting its own war with Google as it plans to build its own software to compete with Android. And as far as things seems to going, its getting of plenty of backers, including big names like Microsoft.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India