16:57 30th Jan, 2015
OnePlus Christens Its Upcoming ROM As OxygenOS | TechTree.com
OnePlus Christens Its Upcoming ROM As OxygenOS
So far its only a name.
OnePlus today announced the name of its soon to be announced OS. The software, called OxygenOS will be based on Android and will come with a couple of customisations that will remain exclusive to the OnePlus One.
The Chinese smartphone maker announced the news via its official blog and even let fans know that more information regarding the design and UX of the OS will be delivered by the 12th of February.
There is not much that the blog post reveals but the admin made it pretty clear that the software will be “open, customizable, and free of bloat and unnecessary features”.
As for the name, it came as a suggestion from the forums, as most suggestions regarding the OnePlus hardware and software come from the community itself.
For those who thought that the name OxygenOS sounds odd, think again because the Chinese version of the ROM will be called HydrogenOS; as a leaked Weibo source just confirmed the same.
OnePlus recently switched over from Cyanogen Inc’s, CyanogenMod-based ROM to its own custom made one. This took place after Micromax had obtained rights for the software with the YU Yureka venture that prohibited OnePlus from selling its smartphones in India for the same reason.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India