14:18 30th Jan, 2015
Microsoft May Fund Cyanogen Inc To Beat Google’s Android | TechTree.com
Microsoft May Fund Cyanogen Inc To Beat Google’s Android
The recent round of funding for Cyanogen goes in hundreds of millions; but its all under wraps.
Cyanogen made it pretty clear a week ago that it wanted to take Android away from Google. What started off as an open source affair has now become an ecosystem with Google tightly holding on to the leaches.
So it was pretty obvious that Cyanogen Inc. would like to set it free (in part for its own gain). This indicates that it was high time that we heard some interesting news about the company’s second round of funding. Well news is, that Microsoft may actually be interested in funding Cyanogen Inc.
Android has come a long way and for some odd reason Android’s open source nature seems to be diminishing with every news firmware release. This has annoyed plenty of manufacturers; and while none are capable of developing a software competitor to Android by themselves, Cyanogen is. Microsoft that today owns less than 3% of the mobile market share indeed sees this as an opportunity to push out more apps(services) on to a truly open platform.
While both parties refused to comment on the topic, but it seems that Microsoft seems to be keen on funding the company. The amount as insiders put it, goes in to hundreds of millions indicating that Google has plenty of enemies and would like Cyanogen to fight the war for them. Cyanogen already seems to be in a spot with Micromax and OnePlus fighting it out in court in India.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals