19:09 29th Sep, 2014
Microsoft Sends Out Invites For Nokia Lumia 730 Announcement In India
May also announce details about the Lumia 830.
While there is clearly no sign about the Lumia 930, Microsoft has sent out invites about its upcoming event scheduled for the 1st of October, which according to sources is indeed for the recently announced Lumia 730. While we are pretty sure that the Lumia 730 will see a launch soon, we are speculating that Microsoft may just give us a heads up about the Lumia 830.
The invite clearly does not give out any details other than the fact that it is the colour of the promotional material that the Lumia 730 was associated with at the IFA Berlin. The selfie-conscious handset will not be breaking any records here, but will indeed be a refreshed offering for fans of the Lumia 720 and something new from Microsoft’s stable; something which has not happened since the launch of the Lumia 1520 (the Lumia 530 was not much of a game changer).
While there is no news about the Lumia 930, Microsoft’s only flagship handset that currently utilizes the PureView tech to the fullest (the production of the Lumia 1020 has ended); it seems that the Lumia 1520 will still have a longer shelf life as an imaging handset in India than we had imagined.
The specs of the Lumia 730 are not much to talk about, which is why we are indeed interested in the price; something that Microsoft has been mum about for a while.
- A 4.7 inch 1280 x 720 pixel OLED display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 with an unspecified amount of RAM and 8 GB of expandable internal memory
- On the back we have a 6.7 MP FF camera with LED flash and 5 MP front-facing one capable of shooting 1080p video
- Also included is a 2220 mAh battery to let you click selfies all day long
As for the snap-happy Lumia 830, we get a better PureView experience with:
- A 5 inch ClearBlack IPS LCD of 1280 x 720 pixel resolution covered with 2.5 D curved Gorilla 3 glass
- Inside sits a 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with an unspecified amount of RAM and 16 GB of internal memory that is expandable up to 128 GB
- A 10 MP PureView camera sits at the back and comes with Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) and and LED flash, while the front gets a 1 MP camera
- Powering all of the above is a removable 2200 mAh battery
We are quite sure that there are indeed a lot of Lumia fans waiting to upgrade from the previous generation of Nokia Windows Phone devices. With the launch of the Lumia 730 and the 830, this may be the right time to take the plunge. Hopefully, Microsoft does not disappoint with the pricing.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow