16:24 23rd Sep, 2014
BlackBerry Passport To Launch In India On The 29th Of September
Seems like India is high on their list of priorities after all.
It was just a few hours ago that we heard of the pricing of the soon to be announced BlackBerry Passport smartphone. The premium device according to CEO John Chen will be priced at 599 USD (approx. 36,500 INR before taxes) and will be a part of BlackBerry’s innovative series of smartphones when launched on the 24th of September in Toronto, London and Dubai. While we were speculating whether India would be one of the countries to receive the device in a couple of weeks, we were certainly surprised to know that BlackBerry has already begun sending media invites for an event on the 29th of September in India.
There is indeed not much to be revealed about the BlackBerry Passport, as the device’s hardware specs had already leaked out sometime back and someone even managed to review the device.
BlackBerry seems to have invested a lot of time and precious money on the Passport, that they hope will be embraced by business users and many more. With an odd looking square screen and the BlackBerry OS 10.3 loaded, it may find some buyers after all. Still then, we do feel that the upcoming BlackBerry Classic would have been a better choice, since BlackBerry is indeed, almost ready to give up on the smartphone business and has off late been focussing more on enterprise software.
The event happens in New Delhi and we should hopefully see the BlackBerry Passport going on sale immediately after launch.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance