15:55 23rd Sep, 2014
BlackBerry Passport Priced At 599 USD; To Be Available At Launch | TechTree.com
BlackBerry Passport Priced At 599 USD; To Be Available At Launch
The odd-looking handset may reach India within two weeks of launch.
BlackBerry is all geared up to launch its upcoming Passport; the square-shaped, odd-looking smartphone that will hopefully be a hit for the ageing smartphone maker. The launch is said to take place on the 24th of September in three cities around the world including Toronto, London and Dubai. News is, that the handset will actually cost 599 USD (approx. 36,500 INR before taxes) and more importantly will be available in certain countries immediately after the launch.
The CEO (John Chen) did not clearly specify which are those countries, but it is safe to assume that it would include BlackBerry’s main markets that consist of the launch cities. The CEO did go on to confirm that the Passport will make it to other markets in Asia (hopefully India), in a matter of two weeks. Clearly the company wants to push out as many handsets as possible before Samsung lets its Note 4 out in the wild.
John Chen did confirm the pricing would vary due to regional taxes and duties but certainly went on to make a big deal about the handset by pitching it as cheaper premium offering compared to competitors.
Indeed there are very few business oriented handsets out there. But what worries us is the fact that the Passport is indeed a niche product and apart from BlackBerry purists who may have already switched over to a ‘keyboard-less’ iPhone 6 or a Samsung Note, there will be very few who would like to hold a device with an odd form factor.
Still, then thanks to updated hardware (not the latest) and new software including the BlackBerry Assistant, we think that the Canadian smartphone maker may have a chance after all.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance