10:53 23rd Aug, 2014
Hardware Specs Of The Upcoming BlackBerry Passport Get Confirmed
The Passport certainly seems armed to the teeth.
We have been tracking the BlackBerry Passport since April so when CEO John Chen, revealed the smartphone at the recent Annual general meeting, the big question was, what comes inside? Well, after a lot of speculation and some leaked details, we finally have the complete list of specifications of this abnormally square smartphone.
The BlackBerry passport comes with the following hardware specs:
- 4.5 inch LCD display with a 1:1 screen ratio sporting a resolution of 1440 x 1440 pixels that is protected by Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3
- A slightly old, quad-core Snapdragon 800 SoC clocked at 2.2 GHz and comes with an Adreno 330 GPU coupled with 3 GB of RAM
- Included is 32 GB of internal memory (not sure if there will be a 16 GB variant) which can also be expanded via a micro SD card slot
- The camera department delivers with a 13 MP f/2.0 primary camera set up with optical image stabilisation (OIS) and a 2 MP front-facing one for all those conference calls
- The handset will include the usual radios being a BlackBerry and also comes with NFC along with a nano SIM card slot
- Strangely, there are quite a few wired connectivity options in the form of USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and a SlimPort adaptor which can connect to HDMI, VGA and DVI options
The monstrous handset measures 128 x 90.3 x 9.3mm and weighs a pocket-heavy 194.4 grams all of which makes sense considering that the smartphone packs in a 3,450 mAh battery.
The handset as we already know and as confirmed by BlackBerry, will also sport the all-new touch capacitive physical keyboard. The keyboard allows one to navigate the UI via swipes and will definitely be a favourite with the BlackBerry faithful who have been missing out on a trackball or trackpad for long.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance