13:39 10th Sep, 2014
iOS 8 To Hit iDevices On September 17; Not All Devices Are Upgradeable | TechTree.com
iOS 8 To Hit iDevices On September 17; Not All Devices Are Upgradeable
Just two days before the new iPhones hit the stores in the US, iOS 8 will be hitting your iPhone.
While everyone is indeed excited about the newly launched iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, there are a lot of iFans who upgraded their devices last year and have been patiently waiting for iOS 8. Well, after the iPhone and Apple Watch announcement yesterday, there is now finally news that the update will be pushed on to Apple’s servers on the 17th of September. The next version of the software comes with a ton of new features, but not everyone will be able to enjoy everything, all thanks to Apple taking bigger hardware leaps with the times.
We did review a whole list of features that will be coming to the iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad with a Retina display, iPod touch (5th gen) and above (new iPhone s will come with iOS 8 out of the box) with the update. The iPhone 4 clearly could not handle iOS 7 properly so it makes sense that the iPhone 4s will be the next one out the window with the next update.
As for the update itself, it brings a ton of new features for users in the form of Handoff, Widgets, the all new health app (not sure how useful this will be in India) and the new actionable notifications system. What the OS will also bring is the ability for third-party apps to communicate with one another and better sharing thanks to the same. Lastly, users will finally be able to opt out of the built-in iOS keyboard and switch to alternate third-party ones as well.
Indeed the iOS 8 update will be a deal breaker for many iOS users. For when it comes to the hardware, there is nothing new apart from the bigger screen and the OIS (iPhone 6 Plus) that those upgrading would be paying for.
[Also Read: Apple iPhone 6 to launch on October 17 in India]
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals