12:20 25th Aug, 2014
LG Teases Round Smartwatch To Be Announced At IFA 2014 Event
Looks like Motorola’s round Moto 360 will be getting some company soon.
Most people love round bezels on wrist watches. While square smartwatches have been selling like hot cakes off store shelves, what consumers really want at this point is a watch with a round display.
While LG has delivered the basic bare bones standard for Google’s Android Wear smartwatch platform, the company seems inspired by Motorola and is all geared up to showcase its own round smartwatch, which it unveiled via a teaser video online. Seems like ASUS and Samsung will not be the only manufacturers to showcase a smartwatch at this year’s IFA after all.
The video barely gives us a glimpse of the upcoming smartwatch with a round display, but we can clearly say that it won’t beat the panache of the Moto 360. The video shows us the various watch faces of the refreshed smartwatch that will run Android Wear and sport a design that is more durable compared to Moto’s shiny and premium approach.
While Motorola had announced the Moto 360 way back in March, the company has yet to launch the Android Wear-powered smartwatch that will indeed be a hot seller, due to its retro looks. The Moto 360 will in all probability be launched on the 4th of the September in the US (followed by Delhi and Mumbai on the 5th and 8th), which will also see the announcement for the Moto X+1 and the successor to the Moto G smartphones.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance