12:18 09th Nov, 2015
Huawei Announces G7 Plus With A Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 SoC
This mid-range smartphone also packs in 3 GB of RAM and a fingerprint reader.
Huawei has announced its all-new G7 Plus smartphone for China and its South-East Asian neighbours. While it looks very similar to the Apple iPhone 5s, it does have a polished 2.5 D glass on the front that makes it look a bit unique.
The smartphone is a mid-range offering and is basically a re-branded G8 smartphone that was announced back at the IFA Berlin this year.
So after the HTC One A9 that seems to have taken inspiration from the iPhone 6, and the OnePlus X that looks very similar to the iPhone 4s, we now have G7 Plus that looks similar to the iPhone 5s. Still then, in the real world, the G7 Plus does look unique with its metal, glass and plastic construction.
But what is interesting are the hardware bits that Huawei has chosen for this mid-ranger:
- There is a 5.5 inch Full HD (1920 X 1080 pixels) display with curved 2.5 D glass
- Inside, there is a brand-new octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 64-bit chipset (1.5 Ghz) that is paired with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage that is expandable
- In the camera department, we have a 13 MP unit on the back with OIS and 5 MP unit for selfie duties
- The smartphone packs in the usual connectivity options, which includes 4G/ LTE, 3G radios along with Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0
- The handset boots to Android 5.1 with Huawei’s custom Emotion UI skinning
- All of the above, including a fingerprint scanner that sits on the back is powered by a 3000 mAh battery
Indeed, Huawei has a lot going on for its G7 Plus and one should expect it to make waves when it comes to India. As for the price, Huawei seems to have that covered as well at 12,990 Baht or Rs 23,000 (approx.).
We can clearly see the G7 competing with Samsung’s Galaxy A8 and even the Motorola Moto X Play. This is more so because the new 616 chipset packs in an Adreno 405 GPU, which is pretty good for a mid-ranger.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499