12:18 09th Nov, 2015
Huawei Announces G7 Plus With A Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 SoC | TechTree.com
Huawei Announces G7 Plus With A Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 SoC
This mid-range smartphone also packs in 3 GB of RAM and a fingerprint reader.
Huawei has announced its all-new G7 Plus smartphone for China and its South-East Asian neighbours. While it looks very similar to the Apple iPhone 5s, it does have a polished 2.5 D glass on the front that makes it look a bit unique.
The smartphone is a mid-range offering and is basically a re-branded G8 smartphone that was announced back at the IFA Berlin this year.
So after the HTC One A9 that seems to have taken inspiration from the iPhone 6, and the OnePlus X that looks very similar to the iPhone 4s, we now have G7 Plus that looks similar to the iPhone 5s. Still then, in the real world, the G7 Plus does look unique with its metal, glass and plastic construction.
But what is interesting are the hardware bits that Huawei has chosen for this mid-ranger:
- There is a 5.5 inch Full HD (1920 X 1080 pixels) display with curved 2.5 D glass
- Inside, there is a brand-new octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 64-bit chipset (1.5 Ghz) that is paired with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage that is expandable
- In the camera department, we have a 13 MP unit on the back with OIS and 5 MP unit for selfie duties
- The smartphone packs in the usual connectivity options, which includes 4G/ LTE, 3G radios along with Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0
- The handset boots to Android 5.1 with Huawei’s custom Emotion UI skinning
- All of the above, including a fingerprint scanner that sits on the back is powered by a 3000 mAh battery
Indeed, Huawei has a lot going on for its G7 Plus and one should expect it to make waves when it comes to India. As for the price, Huawei seems to have that covered as well at 12,990 Baht or Rs 23,000 (approx.).
We can clearly see the G7 competing with Samsung’s Galaxy A8 and even the Motorola Moto X Play. This is more so because the new 616 chipset packs in an Adreno 405 GPU, which is pretty good for a mid-ranger.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals