Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17th May 2014
The third week of May has brought us more devices. Most of them being Android smartphones. Google improved its insanely popular Play Store in many ways. In an attempt to push wearables, the search-giant has made it easier for general public in America to purchase the Google Glass. Microsoft's mobile division, Nokia launched another budget smartphone in India.
Moto E Launched For Rs 7000
This is undoubtedly the biggest news of the week. Motorola, in association with India online retailer Flipkart, launched absolutely affordable Kitkat smartphone Moto E for Rs 7000. To find out what features it offers, follow this link.
Nokia Lumia 630 Hits The India Market
More trouble for domestic brands as, Microsoft has launched its first dual-SIM Windows Phone 8.1 device at an affordable price tag of Rs 11,500. This device is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon processor. More technical details can be found here
HTC Officially Unveils Its Compact One Mini 2
If you're looking for a sensibly sized Android phone, you're going to love the HTC One Mini 2 (horrible name). The mini version of the flagship One (M8), the One Mini 2 features a 4.5-inch HD screen. Click here, for more details and hardware specs.
Google Starts Selling Its Wearable Headset Glass In The US
The much hyped and controversial Google Glass is now available for any American willing to trade $1,500 (Rs 88,000) and his freedom. Time to call up your Amarikan chacha.
Google Refreshes Play Store Interface
Search-giant Google begun rolling out Play Store update that brings a fresh UI and PayPal support in limited countires. The update will roll-out gradually. If you are in a hurry, click here for the download link.
Samsung GALAXY S5 Crosses 11 Million Mark
Despite criticism, Samsung's upcoming smartphone seems to be doing exceptionally well in the market. Samsung has sold a north of 11 million handsets in just one month. Are these numbers better than that of S4? Click here to find out.
Since the heat wave continues to bake most parts of India, don't leave your AC rooms unless its absolutely necessary. If you're getting bored, read our long-form articles.
- Five Reasons Why I Won’t Buy The Google Glass.
- Best iPhone Deals You Can Find Online.
- Top QWERTY Handset Recommendations.
- Four Reasons Why You Should Avoid Dual-SIM Smartphones.
Tech Round-Up: Week 3, May 2014
Catch-up with this week's big stories from TechTree.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week