09:35 14th May, 2014
Google Begins Selling Glass To Anyone (In the US) For $1,500
No need to attend one-day sales or golf tournaments, now anyone can become a Glass Explorer.
Internet search giant Google has announced that it will begin selling its Glass headset to anyone in the US for $1,500. The company is no longer restricting entry into its Explorer program, in an attempt to build sort of a more open beta testing stage.
Unlike in the past where you'd have to attend a golf tournament or a one-day flash sale to get your hand on Glass, Google now claims it will sell to anyone who can pay and as long as stocks last. This however isn't the much awaited commercial launch of Glass, but just a way for the company to increase the number of testers.
Google is yet to roll out a major consumer push as the development teams are still working to better the hardware as well as software. The current edition of Google Glass is still fairly rough around the edges, but if you're dying to get your hands on some thoroughly disruptive tech, then there isn't any alternative.
There has been much criticism over the privacy, safety and overall usefulness of Glass, but those issues are exactly what Google wants to address by having more people use the device. Still, the massive price tag Glass currently carries puts it out of the hands of many, and we do hope that when it eventually goes on sale, it does so for a more reasonable cost.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance