12:05 24th Jul, 2015
Can A Price Cut Attract Buyers To The 2nd Gen Moto E?
Its closest competitor is the Xiaomi Redmi 2.
While the launch of the 3rd generation Moto G and Moto X are just a few days away, Motorola is busy trying to push sales of its 2nd generation Moto E smartphones. The company has announced a price cut for both the 3G and the 4G versions of its smartphones, which will hopefully see it compete better with offerings from Xiaomi and Lenovo in a crowded entry-level market.
The price cuts are not massive with Rs 1000 off on both handsets, but Flipkart offers about Rs 2000 in exchange with older smartphones. So keeping that in mind the prices have jumped lower with the Moto E 3G at Rs 5999 and the 4G variant at Rs 6999. However, Xiaomi’s Redmi 2 begins at Rs 5,999 and is also available on exchange.
Basically, you should go in for the Moto E only if you desire the vanilla Android experience with Android 5.0 Lollipop. Motorola also seems pretty regimented when it comes to software updates so that is another plus point.
As for the hardware, the 4G version of the Moto E (2nd Gen) and the Redmi 2 do match up (apart from the cameras) with the Lenovo A6000 coming in with bigger specs (2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage) but with an equally higher price tag of Rs 7499.
The Xiaomi Redmi 2 is a great option if you dont mind the MIUI V6 UI. But one should also know that there’s Android KitKat 4.4 running below. The same can be said about the Lenovo A6000, which also comes with Android KitKat below that ugly UI.
There’s also Huawei’s Honor Holly with Android KitKat and a quad-core MediaTek chipset inside.
In short the Motorola Moto E makes for a great buy and considering the new price tag, it seems like Motorola will get those units moving.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000