15:55 16th Jan, 2015
Lenovo Announces Its A6000 Smartphone; 4G On A Budget | TechTree.com
Lenovo Announces Its A6000 Smartphone; 4G On A Budget
The smartphone has been designed keeping in mind the growing Indian smartphone market.
Back at CES Lenovo announced a number of refreshed laptops, notebooks and smartphones but it seems that they had a little more pending just before the closing. A day later the company announced a budget smartphone called the A6000 smartphone that has been designed to bring 4G LTE connectivity to the masses.
While we knew that the smartphone was designed for the Indian market, we did not know that Lenovo wanted in this quickly. This is because the company today, announced the launch of the A6000 smartphone for a price tag of just Rs 6999; and with that, Xiaomi has yet another competitor to play with.
The handset that comes with some pretty much budget internal hardware that has been put together by Lenovo just for Indian smartphone users. The budget hardware comes with 4G connectivity and a 64-bit chipset as the highlights of the package.
- We get a 5 inch, 1280 x 720 pixel IPS display
- Inside there is a 64-bit, 1.2 GHz, quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 SoC accompanied by 1 GB of RAM
- Memory options include 8 GB of internal memory, that is expandable thanks to the presence of a micro SD card slot
- There’s an 8 MP sensor along with an LED flash on the back and a 2 MP unit on the front for selfies
- The handset comes with dual SIM slots, 4G LTE/3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0
- Running Android KitKat 4.4, the A6000 comes with a decent 2300 mAh battery to power all of the above
The handset comes in black only and will compete with the recent range of 4G LTE powered handsets available in India today. As for availability, buyers will have to head to Flipkart as the handset will retail exclusively out there. Registrations begin by the 16th of January at 6 PM and the first sale happens on the 27th of January.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals