10:40 07th Jul, 2015
Xiaomi’s Redmi 2 Hits The Sweet Spot At Rs 5999
With a 64-bit Snapdragon 410, its the best you can get at the entry-level.
Xiaomi is certainly making lives easier for those who want to own a solid android smartphone for less. At the same time it is making it difficult for manufacturers like Samsung and many more, to justify their price tags. This is because the Redmi 2 is now available for purchase for Rs 5999 only.
Yes, the older Rs 6,999 price tag as teased earlier, has now received a Rs 1000 discount. This now makes it a steal of deal, considering the hardware that it offers.
Android smartphone buyers looking for an entry-level smartphone will now be treated to an even better price. One that makes Android One smartphones, literally look obsolete on paper.
The only drawback here is the presence of MIUI V6 with Android Lollipop KitKat, which has yet to be upgraded to the current 5.0 Lollipop version. The update will make a big difference and we are pretty sure that Xiaomi is working hard to deliver the ROM as the Redmi 1S has just started receiving the same a day ago.
The Xiaomi Redmi 2 is currently available in both white and grey models, online with 8 GB of internal storage.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones