18:07 12th Mar, 2015
Xiaomi Redmi 2 And Mi Pad To Go On Sale On March 24
Mi Pad to go on sale without registrations.
It has indeed been quite a while since we have heard from Xiaomi. But today’s news certainly makes up for it all, as the Xiaomi Redmi 2 and the Mi Pad will be having their first flash sales on the 24th of March.
Indeed it is time to get clicking and hit the register button on the Flipkart website as the registrations for the sale open today at 6 PM.
But wait there is more! While you have to register for the Redmi 2’s flash sale, Xiaomi tells us that the upcoming flash sale for the Mi Pad will not need any registrations.
This is indeed good news and we hope that Xiaomi have stocked up, as fans who have been waiting for the Xiaomi’s first tablet device, will certainly choke up the Flipkarts website when the sale begins.
All of this excitement is indeed thanks to the processor that resides within the Mi Pad. It indeed makes the Mi Pad, the first Tegra K1-powered device to officially enter the Indian electronics market.
The Xiaomi Mi Pad in white.
As for the specs of this monster of a tablet:
- It comes with a 7.9-inch (2048 × 1536 pixels) display at 326 ppi which is manufactured by Sharp / AUO
- Powering the display is a 2.2 GHz NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor that has a 192-core Kepler GPU at its disposal
- The tablet packs in 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB internal memory which can be expanded via a Micro SD card slot.
- An 8 MP Sony sensor with f/2.0 aperture takes care of the imaging duties while a 5 MP front-facing camera ensures that the selfies come out clear as well.
- The device packs in dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi with a 2x2 MIMO antenna and is powered by a 6700 mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 2.
Well the Redmi 2 is no newbie either as the it improves upon the older Redmi 1s by packing in:
- A 64-bit, 1.2 GHz, quad-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) SoC with 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal memory that is expandable via a micro SD card (up to 32 GB).
- We get the same 4.7-inch, 1280 x 720 pixels, IPS display found on its successor
- There is an 8 MP rear camera with an LED Flash on the back, while a 2 MP unit takes care of selfies up front
- The device comes with dual SIM 4G LTE/3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- The Redmi 2 runs MIUI V6 with Android 4.4 KitKat and is powered by a 2200mAh battery
Interestingly the smartphone will be available in both white and black grey colours at its first sale for an asking price of Rs 6,999.
The Mi Pad on the other hand will only be available in the white option for a price tag of Rs 12,999, which considering the hardware is a steal.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets