18:32 15th May, 2014
NVIDIA K1-Powered Xiaomi MiPad Announced For $240; To Take On The iPad Mini
With services similar to iTunes and an earth shattering GPU can it compete with Apple?
Chinese devices manufacturer Xiaomi finally took the wraps off its MiPad Android-powered tablet. The tablet is said to come in two memory capacities with a 16GB one available for $240 and the 64GB version for $272. The device comes in a plethora of plastic colour options and packs in an eye popping Apple-esque retina display as well.
This is indeed Xiaomi’s first step into the tablet world, one that is dominated by Samsung’s Tab series and Apple’s iPad. As mentioned earlier, the device comes with a 7.9-inch (2048 × 1536 pixels) display at 326 ppi which is manufactured by Sharp / AUO and runs a skinned version of Android. Powering the display is a 2.2GHz NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor that has a 192-core Kepler GPU at its disposal. The tablet comes with 2GB of RAM and comes in two 16 and 64GB memory capacities. An 8MP Sony sensor with f/2.0 aperture takes care of the imaging duties while a 5MP front-facing camera ensures that the selfies come out clear as well.
Xiaomi it seems indeed wants to take over Apple’s market share. After dominating the smartphone game in its home market China, the company under the guidance of ex-Googler Hugo Barra has been building its services and user base at a staggering rate.
If you have not heard of Xiaomi, the company is based in China and works with a philosophy that is based on building and selling quality handsets at a lower price. These handsets bring to users a number of services that have been developed over the years by Xiaomi. So the idea here is to build a quality handset and make profits off the services that come bundled, which is partially similar to Apple.
The company that sells a record breaking number of handsets in its home market China, has recently expanded handset availability to Singapore. Xiaomi now plans to expand its handset and service availability to developing markets as well, which include India, Brazil, Russia, and Mexico this year.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance