18:16 16th Oct, 2014
Nexus 6 Coming To India And 28 Other Countries By Year End
Does a phablet-sized device without any phablet features make any sense?
Google just announced the next range of Nexus devices and they all are pretty impressive. Still then, Nexus fans across the globe and in India were left clueless as they still had no idea when the Nexus 6 would arrive. Well, news is that the 6 inch phablet will be making its way to India and 28 other countries by the end of the year.
By “end of the year” Motorola probably means December. This is because the Nexus 6 would be reaching customers and going on sale in the US by November. Still then, considering that India is a very special market for Google, (Motorola’s as well) we should expect the device to reach here soon.
As for the specs of the Nexus 6:
- We get a 5.96 inch Quad HD (1440 x 2560) 16:9 AMOLED display
- Inside we have a 2.7 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 SoC with 3 GB of RAM and 32/64 GB internal memory options
- The camera department consists of a 13 MP front facing unit with a dual LED ring flash, while a 2 MP is in charge of selfies
- There are the usual radios including 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11a/g/b/n/ac (dual band), Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- All of above is powered by a large 3220 mAh battery and is packaged in a thin 10.1 mm construction that is water resistant as well but weighs a hefty 186 gms
Of course it will sell for 649 USD (approx. 40,000) with Android Lollipop running out of the box. It is wise to keep in mind that Google has retained the Nexus 5 meaning that the Nexus 6 is in all probability, Google’s phablet offering. Being a phablet-sized offering running smartphone apps, it makes little sense to go in for a such a heavy smartphone unless you are a power user; in which case the Samsung Note 4 is a better option. So if you are looking for something smaller you can either go in for the Nexus 5 or the Moto X instead; as Google has no plans to build anything smaller any time soon.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000