15:34 14th Oct, 2014
Samsung Launches The Galaxy Note 4 In India At Rs 58,300
The device will go on sale in the country on October 17, the same day as Apple's new iPhones
Samsung has announced the launch of its flagship Galaxy Note 4 phablet in India at Rs 58,300, which will go on sale in the country on October 17. The device will go head to head with the iPhone 6 Plus, reaching store shelves on the same day as Apple's new flagship phones.
The key highlights of the Galaxy Note 4 are its 5.7-inch Quad-HD (2560x1440 pixel) Super AMOLED display, its metal construction and the S Pen. There's a 16MP primary camera which features optical image stabilization, while the front facing shooter has a resolution of 3.7MP and a 120-degree wide angle mode for 'groupies'.
Powering the device is a 2.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 SoC that finds home in quite a few flagship devices. There's also 3GB of RAM and 32GB of on-board storage, with users having the option to use a microSD up to 128GB in size. Carried over from the Galaxy S5 are the heart-rate monitor and finger print sensor.
On the software front, Samsung has improved the multi-tasking capabilities of the Note 4 with an improved split-screen feature. The device runs on a skinned version of Google's Android 4.4 KitKat, and comes with unique features such as using the S Pen input to control an on-screen cursor.
When compared to the Galaxy Note 3, the new device features a similar screen size, but pretty much everything has been improved or changed. The display resolution has been bumped up, the design though similar now features a metal band running around the periphery of the device and the S Pen has double the pressure sensitivity.
Connectivity options on the Note 4 include 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC, while the device also features an IR blaster to control various household devices. Samsung has omitted 4G LTE connectivity for the Indian version of the device, but has tied up with Vodafone to offer free 3G data for the first two months.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens