15:34 14th Oct, 2014
Samsung Launches The Galaxy Note 4 In India At Rs 58,300
The device will go on sale in the country on October 17, the same day as Apple's new iPhones
Samsung has announced the launch of its flagship Galaxy Note 4 phablet in India at Rs 58,300, which will go on sale in the country on October 17. The device will go head to head with the iPhone 6 Plus, reaching store shelves on the same day as Apple's new flagship phones.
The key highlights of the Galaxy Note 4 are its 5.7-inch Quad-HD (2560x1440 pixel) Super AMOLED display, its metal construction and the S Pen. There's a 16MP primary camera which features optical image stabilization, while the front facing shooter has a resolution of 3.7MP and a 120-degree wide angle mode for 'groupies'.
Powering the device is a 2.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 SoC that finds home in quite a few flagship devices. There's also 3GB of RAM and 32GB of on-board storage, with users having the option to use a microSD up to 128GB in size. Carried over from the Galaxy S5 are the heart-rate monitor and finger print sensor.
On the software front, Samsung has improved the multi-tasking capabilities of the Note 4 with an improved split-screen feature. The device runs on a skinned version of Google's Android 4.4 KitKat, and comes with unique features such as using the S Pen input to control an on-screen cursor.
When compared to the Galaxy Note 3, the new device features a similar screen size, but pretty much everything has been improved or changed. The display resolution has been bumped up, the design though similar now features a metal band running around the periphery of the device and the S Pen has double the pressure sensitivity.
Connectivity options on the Note 4 include 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC, while the device also features an IR blaster to control various household devices. Samsung has omitted 4G LTE connectivity for the Indian version of the device, but has tied up with Vodafone to offer free 3G data for the first two months.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband