16:50 15th Sep, 2014
India’s First Android One Smartphone Goes On Sale For Rs 6399
After the Chinese invasion in India’s smartphone market, the pricing could have been a bit lower according to us.
Karbonn has finally announced India’s first Android One smartphone, the Sparkle V. Indeed there is going to be a lot of support from Google here, but its the pricing that worries us the most that has been kept at Rs 6399.
As for the specs, you cannot expect much over here as this is after all an entry-level handset supported by Google in terms of software. The handset similar to the Spice Android One Dream UNO Mi-498 has been built using Google’s reference design for the hardware bits.
- On the outside of Sparkle V, we get a 4.5 inch (854 x 480 pixel) IPS display
- On the inside, we have a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor (MediaTek) coupled with a Mali-400 GPU
- Memory comes in the form of 1 GB of RAM and 4 GB of ROM that can be expanded up to 32 GB
- The camera department consists of a 5 MP primary sensor on the back and a 2 MP sensor up front
- The smartphone comes with the usual radios like Wi-FI and Bluetooth and includes dual SIM slots as well
- The handset runs Android KitKat 4.4 and is powered by a 1700 mAh battery
The pricing indeed is a bit high if you ask us, but comes pretty close to Xiaomi’s Redmi 1S offering. The whole point here is that Google will provide software support so the handsets will never become outdated. The handset is available in red only and can be purchased on Snapdeal for the previously mentioned price tag of Rs 6399.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000