18:11 26th Aug, 2014
Xiaomi Redmi 1s Launched In India; Registrations Open Today
Get ready for a another round 2 second flash sales.
Xiaomi had promised that it would launch the Redmi 1s and so it has delivered. Seems like the only thing the company cannot do currently is stock up on their smartphones which is why buyers have to wait in line for the those super quick flash sales. Well if you had no luck with the Xiaomi Mi 3 yet, you can now try for the entry level Redmi 1s, as it has just been launched in India.
The Redmi 1s is supposed to be an entry-level smartphone, but one look at the hardware specs and well, may be you will look again. The specs are anything but entry-level. More so they line up, pretty well with budget level smartphones that are sold in the Indian market, similar to the Moto G.
In terms of both specs and pricing, the Xiaomi will indeed give Motorola, Nokia and ASUS a run for their money:
- We get a 4.7 inch 1280 x 720 pixel display
- 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 SoC coupled with 1 GB of RAM
- In terms of memory, expect the Redmi 1s to sport 8 GB of internal space along with micro SD card support of up to 64 GB
- On the back we get an 8 MP camera (BSI Sensor) with an LED flash while the front facing one is a 1.6 MP unit
- Also included are the usual radios along with the dual SIM functionality all powered by a 2000 mAh battery
That brings to mind the pricing. While Xiaomi had earlier announced that the price of the Redmi 1s would be Rs 6999, the company seems to have changed its mind and somehow brought it down by a thousand rupess making it Rs 5999.
The handset will go on sale as early as the 2nd of September in typical Xiaomi flash sale fashion. As for the registrations for the sale, they open today at 6 PM.
Good ol’ Motorola must be very very worried as its money-maker, the Moto G is soon going to see a successor in a few days and if the pricing is nothing close to Xiaomi's, they might as well not launch it altogether. The competition is getting pretty tough for entry-level, budget and mid-range devices here in India and Xiaomi seems to be blazing through all those price brackets leaving experienced smartphone makers shivering in the cold.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens