11:30 30th Mar, 2015
HTC One E9+ Appears On HTC’s Chinese Website
Seems like HTC will silently slide out the E9 like it did with the E8 last year.
The HTC One E9 (A55) is finally official. The handset is available for viewing on HTC’s Chinese website, but we still have no clue about the availability of this device.
Indeed this is the Chinese version of the much-rumoured handset. This is because it is called the One E9+.
Still then, the imagery is pretty close to the pictures that had leaked out last week, it is just that we happened to notice the metal rim that makes the E9 look less plasticy compared to the older One E8.
This is a big improvement indeed and will appeal to users who don’t want the all-metal package of the One M9, provided the handset is priced right.
As for the specs, they finally get confirmed:
- We get a sharp, 5.5 Quad HD display with pixel density of 534 ppi
- Inside we get treated to a 64-bit MediaTek MT6795M chipset with an octa-core CPU set up and 2 GB RAM, which we found a bit limiting considering the 2K display
- The camera department consists of a 20 MP unit on the back while the front gets the same 4 MP UltraPixel unit as on the M9
- We get a dual SIM set up and the device accepts two nano SIMs with support FDD-LTE and TD-LTE networks
- The usual connectivity options include, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1 and NFC
- A 2800 mAh battery powers the handset that runs HTC’s latest Sense UI with Android Lollipop as the base
The HTC One E9+ will be offered in two-tone finishes including Meteor Gray, Classic Rose Gold and Gold Sepia. Details about availability in China are sparse at best so we will have to wait until the device is available in India.
Meanwhile HTC has yet to announce its HTC One M9 for the Indian market. There is however a possibility that HTC may announce a E9 (minus the ‘+’) in the Indian market in order to keep the price low.
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones