13:34 20th Feb, 2015
BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 Now Rolling Out With New Features
The update carries new features, while some of the older ones get polished to perfection.
BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 is now seeding from the Canadian company’s servers. The devices eligible for the update include Q5, Q10, Z10, Z30, Z3, Porsche Design P'9983, as well as the Passport (the Classic already comes with it).
The firmware update brings a ton of changes and delivers a faster and more responsive UI. This means, that you will keep finding new options in places you did not earlier as you explore the new update.
We already had our hands-on with the new software as the BlackBerry Classic that came in for review, sported the same software. In short we were impressed.
The highlight of the update is clearly BlackBerry Blend. The service will let you effortlessly sync your files, contacts and schedules across your tablet, PC and smartphone. The important bit here is that it is now available for a lot more devices and that it works across multiple operating systems including Mac, Windows, iOS and Android.
The BlackBerry Hub gets Instant Actions, meaning that you can now delete a notification right from the thread by swiping on it. There is no need to dig into a message if you know that it is not important. Yes, the feature works with all of the apps connected to the BlackBerry Hub.
Older devices will now see both BlackBerry World and the Amazon App store installed by default.
Keyboard short cuts are back! While these will be available on almost every device, we wonder if something new has been added to the Passport’s pointless touch-sensitive keyboard.
BlackBerry Assistant, something that only Microsoft seems to be interested in right now (with Cortana) seems to have finally made it to more devices.
Additional features include a new Power Saver Mode, a Meeting Mode, that will silence your smartphone automatically when it detects a meeting in your schedule, new camera functions and added equalizer presets for the media player.
All-in-all it is a pretty feature-packed update and from what we have seen on the BlackBerry Classic, everything does work smoothly.
BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1 will be rolling out to customers around the world, starting today in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific, and will be available for the entire line of smartphones running BlackBerry 10.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499