10:42 15th Sep, 2015
Motorola Moto X Play Now Available For Purchase At Rs 18,499
Goes big on specs and features but not the price.
Motorola has finally pushed out its much-awaited Moto X Play on sale today. The smartphone is a mid-ranger and comes with better hardware chops than the competition. But it is the price that will see many flocking to get their hands on one.
And they are flocking indeed. It has just been 10 hours since the sale began and the 32 GB black model is already out of stock.
Hardware aside, the smartphone comes with an almost stock Android Lollipop software and also includes with a water-repellent coating. The metal frame also gives the construction a premium look.
Coming to the specs of the Moto X Play:
- We get a 5.5 inch Full HD display with a layer of Gorilla Glass 3 to protect it
- Inside, we get a 1.7 GHz, octa-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 SoC with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB / 32 GB internal storage options along with expandable memory as well
- There is a 21 MP camera with a dual tone LED flash on the back and a 5 MP front-facing unit for selfies
- Connectivity options include 4G LTE bands, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
- All of the above is encased in a metal frame with replaceable (colourful) back panels along with a massive 3630 mAh battery
The handset is currently available on sale, online on Flipkart. The Moto X Play is can be purchased in black and white models with 16 and 32 GB internal storage options at Rs 18,499 and Rs 19,999 respectively. The Moto X Play also makes for a good mid-ranger for those looking for an upgrade to their existing Moto G handsets as well.
[Also Read: Top 5 Smartphones Under Rs 20,000]
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones