10:11 07th Sep, 2015
Motorola Teases Its Moto X Play, India Launch Imminent
While import listings point to an unrealistic Rs 22,000 we think it could be lower.
Motorola’s Moto X Play is indeed going to be the company’s first budget camera smartphone to come to India. The Lenovo owned company has begun pushing out teasers from its official social media handles, hinting that the launch of its all-rounder is close.
The Moto X Play was announced along with the Moto X Style in the US on the very same day that Motorola chose to launch its budget Moto G (3rd Gen) in India.
While the world was ogling at the specs of the Moto X Play, Indians had two versions of the Moto G to (1 GB or 2 GB RAM) choose from. However, we are pretty sure, that many have been waiting for the bigger Moto X Play instead.
It comes with the usual splash proof capabilities, but also adds a large battery that Motorola claims will go on for 30 hours at a stretch.
Still then, what is important here, similar to the Samsung A8 and the LG G4 Beat, we have a smartphone with budget internals along with a capable camera. And the Moto X Play certainly does not fall short on that front.
- We get a 5.5 inch Full HD display with a layer of Gorilla Glass 3 to protect it
- Inside, we get a 1.7 GHz, octa-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 SoC with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB / 32 GB internal storage options along with expandable memory as well
- There is a 21 MP camera with a dual tone LED flash on the back and a 5 MP front-facing unit for selfies
- We get the usual connectivity options, with 4G LTE bands, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
- All of the above is encased in a metal frame with replaceable (colourful) back panels along with a massive 3630 mAh battery
The Moto X Play was last spotted in Zauba’s import listings with the price pointing at Rs 22,000. We highly doubt that the smartphone would be priced up there, as OnePlus is selling (inviting rather) its OnePlus 2 for Rs 25,000 with a Snapdragon 810 SoC inside.
Still then, our guesses point to Rs 20,000 since Motorola is said to have worked on that 21 MP sensor on the back. This is because the Moto X Style is expected to be priced in the sub Rs 30,000 range.
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020