02nd Sep 2015
If all those Zenfone 2 variants were not confusing enough, Asus has rolled out the Zenfone 2 Laser. And this too comes in three versions depending on the RAM capacity and screen size. The review unit we received is powered by the Snapdragon 410 chip and has 2 GB RAM. For those technically inclined, it is the ZE550KL-1B018WW model.
Asus seems to be short on designs, as the Zenfone 2 Laser looks exactly like the Zenfone 2. Not that the phone looks bad, but if all your phones priced between 10k to 20k look the same, then there's something wrong.
The phone looks a lot like the LG G3. Mostly because of the curved back and rear volume buttons. By moving these buttons to rear, Asus has managed to achieve thin sides.
Similar to the Zenfone 5, the Zenfone 2 Laser comes with a nice matte finish. In comparison, the Zenfone 2 had a slippery gloss finish.
The removable back-panel gives access to two micro-SIM and a microSD slot. The battery is also user replaceable.
The Zenfone 2 Laser comes with a 5.5-inch screen with 1280x720 pixels. The IPS (In Pane Switching) has good viewing angles. With Corning gorilla glass 4 protection, you don't have to worry about minor scratches.
The phone comes with a 13 megapixel rear camera with flash. The focusing mechanism is assisted by laser. Much like the more expensive LG G3 and G4. However, in use case scenario, I did not find the focusing to be quicker than the conventional smartphone camers. Plus, the 13 megapixel sensor does not live up to the expectation. Although the pictures pack-in a lot of detail, the noise plays a spoil sport.
On the software front, you get Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with Zen UI 2.0. The interface is similar to what was there on the Zenfone 5. However, this time around, it is more colourful.
For Rs 10,000, the Zenfone 2 Laser is a promising phone. Keep an eye out for the detailed review.
Hands On: Asus Zenfone 2 Laser | TechTree.com
Hands On: Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
A quick look at yet another Zenfone from Asus.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals