16:41 13th Aug, 2015
Xiaomi Unveils Redmi Note 2 & Redmi Note 2 Prime In China | TechTree.com
Xiaomi Unveils Redmi Note 2 & Redmi Note 2 Prime In China
The company might take a similar step in India by unveiling the Redmi Note 2 & Note 2 Prime along with the new MIUI 7 on Aug 19.
As expected, Chinese smartphone company Xiaomi has unveiled its Redmi Note 2 and Redmi Note 2 Prime in China alongside showcasing its new MIUI 7 custom ROM based on Android 5.0 Lollipop.
This unveil comes in ahead of the company's event at New Delhi on Aug 19.
While the company had earlier announced that it would be showcasing the global variant of its MIUI 7 with Google Play Store during the upcoming event on Aug 19, there were speculations that the much awaited phablet by Xiaomi would be unveiled at the same event.
However, with the new phablet being unveiled in China on Thursday, Aug 13, we expect the company to make a similar move in India too. But, the company hasn't yet revealed any availability plans for other markets.
Speaking about the specifications, the Redmi Note 2 comes with a 5.5 inch full HD display with a 2 GHz MediaTek Helio X10 octa-core processor coupled with a 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM. Also, the phablet gets a 16 GB internal storage.
The other features are 13 MP rear camera, 5 MP front facing camera, Android 5.0 Lollipop with Xiaomi's new MIUI 7 skin, 3,060 mAh battery and connectivity options like 3G, 4G LTE, Bluetooth and GPS.
Having said this, the Prime variant of the Redmi Note 2 will come with a 2.2 GHz MediaTek Helio X10 octa-core processor and 32 GB storage, with other features remaining the same as the regular variant.
To recall, Xiaomi had recently launched its first 'made in India' smartphone, the Redmi 2 Prime.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals