11:46 31st Jul, 2015
Will You Buy A Windows 10-Powered Mi Pad From Xiaomi?
Analyst points out that the company is working on it.
Everyone is building cheap Windows 8.1-powered tablets in India. Now whether or not these affordable tablets and 2-in-1s will get upgraded to Windows 10; and more importantly, work flawlessly with them is another question altogether. However, the bottom line stands that Windows-powered 2-in-1s are appealing to consumers in India, so what happens if Chinese device maker Xiaomi, decides to build one?
Well, there are currently plenty of affordable tablets that run Windows 8.1 in the Indian market. These includes brand like ASUS, Dell, iBall, and now even InFocus that showcased a product at a recent launch event.
So clearly, India’s hottest brand in the smartphone space would certainly like do its own take on the affordable Windows-based tablet. Well, news coming from a known Chinese analyst, Pan Jiutang, states that Xiaomi is already working on such a product.
Even shocking is the rumour that it plans to launch such a tablet in this very quarter.
We all know that Xiaomi is playing nice with Microsoft these days. The company is working with Microsoft to run and test its hardware with the soon to be launched version of Windows 10 for Mobile.
Xiaomi seems like a pretty trust-worthy brand these days, with Indian buyers flocking to its flash sales from time to time. More so, their after sales network is growing, which will build confidence for its buyers adding to its sales momentum that never seems to drop. Along with Xiaomi, Microsoft will also see plenty of sales on its software front.
[Also Read: Three Reasons Why You Shouldn't Buy A Tablet]
Windows 10 on a quality tablet with the right specs, indeed makes for a good product. But Xiaomi will have to ensure that there is a soft keyboard included in the package to market it as a 2-in-1 instead of a tablet. This is because everyone knows that Windows 10 users will not be buying it to run apps, but to get some serious work done with it.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-