16:45 18th Mar, 2015
Xiaomi To Test Out Windows 10 Platform For Smartphones
Will be testing out Windows 10 on the Mi 4 to help Microsoft with its official release.
While Xiaomi has kind of conquered the the budget and mid smartphone segment, it seems that the Chinese company is not quite satisfied with its achievements just yet.
At the WinHEC (Windows Hardware Engineering Community) summit in China, Xiaomi made official that it has entered into a program with Microsoft to test out the possibility of churning out Windows 10 smartphones.
Yes, seems like we may actually get to see a Xiaomi smartphone powered by Windows 10 pretty soon (not to mention an accompanying Xiaomi tablet as well).
The official blog mentions that Xiaomi is testing Windows 10 builds (with limited users) for its Mi 4 smartphone and will continue to do so in order to provide feedback to Microsoft.
"Through a new program with Xiaomi, one of the top smartphone distributors in the world, a select group of Xiaomi Mi 4 power users will be invited to help test Windows 10 and contribute to its future release later this year. These power users will have the opportunity to download the Windows 10 Technical Preview – installing it and providing their feedback to Microsoft."
[Also See: Xiaomi Mi 4 Review: Could Use Some Polishing]
The idea is pretty clear. We have Xiaomi who seems to be the king of the budget and mid-range smartphone market and then we have Microsoft who with its Windows Phone platform is currently focused on the same area.
Will this result in a win win for Microsoft? Only time will tell.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow