13:25 24th Jul, 2015
Samsung Seems To Be Paving The Way For The Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
The company just took the 128 GB Galaxy S6 edge models off the shelves.
Samsung has taken the pricey 128 GB version of the Galaxy S6 edge off the virtual store shelves in India. Retailers do not have the device in stock any more and online retailers seemed to have cancelled it out.
Currently its only the 32 GB and 64 GB version of the flagship smartphone that is on sale in India. The premium devices have spoken for themselves in our review with the flawless cameras and the design being the highlights.
Its unclear as to why Samsung pulled down the 128 GB version at the moment, but slow moving units could be one reason.
The 128 GB version of the S6 edge was retailing for a hefty Rs 70,900 before it was culled. Place this alongside the 128 GB version of the iPhone 6, which is currently retailing for Rs 63,999 (launch price Rs 74,000) and you can see users flocking to the dark side instead.
Comparing it with the 128 GB version of the iPhone 6 Plus would be a crime, but the iPhone 6 Plus still makes more sense. It comes with a bigger screen, software that has been optimised to make use of that 5.5 inch display and an all metal construction instead of metal and glass.
That brings us to the rumours about Samsung’s next big things, the Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 edge plus. There have been rumours and plenty of leaks so far and its clear that both of them are expected to make an appearance earlier than the usual IFA launch dates.
So Samsung may have pulled the 128 GB version off the shelves to set the stage for the launch of the Galaxy S6 edge +.
Also, the smartphone is expected to arrive with a bigger 5.7 inch Quad HD display so that makes up for the absence of a iPhone 6 Plus competitor, which will soon be the iPhone 6s Plus, come September. Indeed, that puts the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 in a league of its own with its stylus.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance