12:05 24th Jul, 2015
Can A Price Cut Attract Buyers To The 2nd Gen Moto E?
Its closest competitor is the Xiaomi Redmi 2.
While the launch of the 3rd generation Moto G and Moto X are just a few days away, Motorola is busy trying to push sales of its 2nd generation Moto E smartphones. The company has announced a price cut for both the 3G and the 4G versions of its smartphones, which will hopefully see it compete better with offerings from Xiaomi and Lenovo in a crowded entry-level market.
The price cuts are not massive with Rs 1000 off on both handsets, but Flipkart offers about Rs 2000 in exchange with older smartphones. So keeping that in mind the prices have jumped lower with the Moto E 3G at Rs 5999 and the 4G variant at Rs 6999. However, Xiaomi’s Redmi 2 begins at Rs 5,999 and is also available on exchange.
Basically, you should go in for the Moto E only if you desire the vanilla Android experience with Android 5.0 Lollipop. Motorola also seems pretty regimented when it comes to software updates so that is another plus point.
As for the hardware, the 4G version of the Moto E (2nd Gen) and the Redmi 2 do match up (apart from the cameras) with the Lenovo A6000 coming in with bigger specs (2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage) but with an equally higher price tag of Rs 7499.
The Xiaomi Redmi 2 is a great option if you dont mind the MIUI V6 UI. But one should also know that there’s Android KitKat 4.4 running below. The same can be said about the Lenovo A6000, which also comes with Android KitKat below that ugly UI.
There’s also Huawei’s Honor Holly with Android KitKat and a quad-core MediaTek chipset inside.
In short the Motorola Moto E makes for a great buy and considering the new price tag, it seems like Motorola will get those units moving.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones