12:05 24th Jul, 2015
Can A Price Cut Attract Buyers To The 2nd Gen Moto E?
Its closest competitor is the Xiaomi Redmi 2.
While the launch of the 3rd generation Moto G and Moto X are just a few days away, Motorola is busy trying to push sales of its 2nd generation Moto E smartphones. The company has announced a price cut for both the 3G and the 4G versions of its smartphones, which will hopefully see it compete better with offerings from Xiaomi and Lenovo in a crowded entry-level market.
The price cuts are not massive with Rs 1000 off on both handsets, but Flipkart offers about Rs 2000 in exchange with older smartphones. So keeping that in mind the prices have jumped lower with the Moto E 3G at Rs 5999 and the 4G variant at Rs 6999. However, Xiaomi’s Redmi 2 begins at Rs 5,999 and is also available on exchange.
Basically, you should go in for the Moto E only if you desire the vanilla Android experience with Android 5.0 Lollipop. Motorola also seems pretty regimented when it comes to software updates so that is another plus point.
As for the hardware, the 4G version of the Moto E (2nd Gen) and the Redmi 2 do match up (apart from the cameras) with the Lenovo A6000 coming in with bigger specs (2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage) but with an equally higher price tag of Rs 7499.
The Xiaomi Redmi 2 is a great option if you dont mind the MIUI V6 UI. But one should also know that there’s Android KitKat 4.4 running below. The same can be said about the Lenovo A6000, which also comes with Android KitKat below that ugly UI.
There’s also Huawei’s Honor Holly with Android KitKat and a quad-core MediaTek chipset inside.
In short the Motorola Moto E makes for a great buy and considering the new price tag, it seems like Motorola will get those units moving.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband