10:31 08th Jul, 2015
Vivo To Begin Manufacturing Smartphones In India By October | TechTree.com
Vivo To Begin Manufacturing Smartphones In India By October
Will bring down the costs of producing 4G handsets for the market.
After Celkon it is now Chinese smartphone manufacturer Vivo that plans to manufacture smartphones for the Indian market in India itself. The smartphone maker has plans to start a manufacturing plant in Greater Noida by October with an initial investment of Rs 12.5 crore.
Alex Feng, CEO of Vivo India and CMO of Vivo Global told the Economic Times that the company plans to sell two million handsets by the end of this year. 4G/LTE devices will account for 40 percent of those sales.
"We have taken 30,000 square metres of land on lease in Greater Noida and expect to start assembling our smartphones by October 2015. In the first phase (till December 2015), we will invest Rs 12.5 crore in the facility," Alex Feng told ET.
Seems like everyone wants in, after Foxconn recently began hunting down the perfect spot to lay down its Indian operations. After Foxconn, Sony, HTC and Xiaomi have also begun to show a developing interest in manufacturing smartphones in India.
[Also Read: Vivo V1 And Vivo V1 Max Announced In India]
If all goes well, we could see a noticeable price drop for the smartphones coming from these manufacturers. Still then, quality will be another growing concern, the cracks of which may show up only after the manufacturers settle down and commence operations.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance