11:30 15th Jun, 2015
Maharashtra Govt. Invites Foxconn To Scout For Locations For iPhone Unit | TechTree.com
Maharashtra Govt. Invites Foxconn To Scout For Locations For iPhone Unit
Foxconn Technology officers are said to scout for locations in a month's time.
While recently news broke out that Apple iPhone unit might be set up in India, it has now been confirmed that the Maharashtra Government has invited the Foxconn Technology to set up iPhone unit in the state.
Taking Prime Minister Narendra Modi's 'Make in India' movement further, Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis seems to have met Foxconn representatives recently for a discussion about the proposed investment in Maharashtra.
Foxconn is likely to send a delegation of their officers to scout for locations in Maharashtra where the company is keen to invest it.
Adding more in to this, domestic mobile phone makers Celkon and Micromax are likely to set up their manufacturing facilities in Telangana with Celkon's unit all set to open next week and Micromax's still in the planning stage.
The move by Foxconn Technology in to India is expected to reduce the cost of production and boost Apple products sales in the world's third largest smartphone market.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance