12:24 29th May, 2015
HTC One M9 And M9+ Confirmed For Android M Update
As usual promises are made.
After the announcement of every major Android release come the promises from Android smartphone manufacturers. And hot on the heels of the Android M announcement by Google (and the preview that was made available for download) comes an announcement from the far East by HTC confirming that the new update will make it to its recently announced devices.
The announcement came from Jeff Gordon, HTC's Senior Global Online Communications Manager who somehow skipped on mentioning when these updates would arrive. The handsets that Jeff Gordon tweeted about were the One M9 and One M9+ which sports a MediaTek chipset.
While HTC did confirm that it will deliver the Android M update to its recently launched devices, we are pretty sure that the One M8 and even the One M7 for that matter will stand a chance.
This is because Android M is more of a developer oriented update and works well depending on how much third-party developers and smartphone manufacturers are willing to dedicate and chip in.
Still then, On Tap along with big battery life benefits, will be the other interesting features to watch out for in Android M for consumers.
Clearly, next up would be Sony followed by Samsung who will show up with their promises for the Android M update. However, there is still a long way to go till these reach out to consumers as many of those who promised Android 5.0 Lollipop have yet to deliver the same (Sony we are looking at you).
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones