09:47 21st Apr, 2015
Nokia Has Big Plans For Its Return To The Smartphone Market | TechTree.com
Nokia Has Big Plans For Its Return To The Smartphone Market
Planning today for 2016 certainly would not hurt.
Nokia is one company that somehow manages to make news even though it is not really coming up with anything new. Its recent accomplishments in the mobile space include the Z Launcher and the N1 Tablet that made waves during launch but now seemed to have died out.
Still then, today’s news is refreshing indeed. re/code managed to get a few snippets via inside sources and claims that the company is planning a big come back.
While its recent $16.6 billion deal to buy Alcatel-Lucent has nothing to do with this; it along with the recent rumours of Nokia putting its Maps business up for sale certainly got the attention of many.
It indeed goes to show that everyone’s interested when you are sitting with a portfolio of about 10,000 patents (Nokia Technologies).
[Also Read: Meizu MX Supreme Could Be Nokia’s First Android-Powered Smartphone]
And its not just the smartphone market that Nokia is planning to enter when its deal with Microsoft ends in 2016; it’s virtual reality as well.
Nokia’s way of making it to the surface (after its troubled past) gradually by licensing its software and entire products for other manufacturers to build, sell and support is smart; but a risky one.
Hopefully, we get to see a Nokia C1 powered by Android getting announced soon.
TAGS: Mobile Phones, Android, Nokia
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals